Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I am Alive...I Promise

So I know it has been a while since I last blogged...but life is just crazy!

Exciting news—I got an assistantship! This is awesome because I now have a "home" on campus. I started work in the Provost's Office this week; he is the right hand man of the President of the University. I have been doing small projects like Power Points and binder creation but it has been pretty enjoyable. I am still learning the ropes so I can't wait to get a little more comfortable so I can take some project responsibilities.

Today was a productive day. I started the morning off at the Alumni Association, where I am completing a 6 week practicum assignment. I am really going to miss the office when the 6 weeks are up, I don't think I realized how enjoyable Alumni Affairs can be. After working with these people I can see myself maybe pursuing this in the future. Talking with the staff at USC, I hear that Auburn has an AMAZING Alumni Association...do you think they would let a Yankee in? I mean I am a Chi Omega…that has to help get my foot in the door!

After a quick bite to eat and a little studying for my counseling exam it was time to head over to the Provost's Office. Today, I was working on creating some informational binders and it was pure relaxation. I don't know why but organizing and making tabs totally destressed me today. On a side note, I was sitting in the office speaking with another staff member who is a Tri-Delta. She asked what I had done for Chi Omega, and as I was speaking the women who was waiting to meet with one of the Vice Provosts asked, "Are you a Chi Omega?" I quickly responded yes, and she said that she used to travel for Chi Omega way before they were National Consultants. When she traveled she was a Chapter Visitor. That just made my day, and to add to the excitement she had shared some information for the Laurie Leadership Institute's life balance session so it was almost like meeting a Chi Omega Movie Star.

When I returned home from a long day on campus my apartment smelled yummy. I had put a recipe in the crock pot this morning (Yes Danielle another one of your recipes!) and it turned out amazing. It was a "Polish Dinner" and was a perfect dinner after doing my 5 mile training run. I am running about a 13 minute mile with some running/walking, it is kind of scary how close the race day is! Maura is a rockstar motivator and keeps me going. When running she may not realize how much I am enjoying our sister time, but it has been so much fun.

Well...now it is off to do some reading...the life of a graduate student is never done.

No comments:

Post a Comment