Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I Got a Job!

Well after many part time job pursuits in Columbia something has finally fallen into place. I will be working as an Academic Mentor to members for University of South Carolina’s sports teams. This is going to be an amazing opportunity, and I think it will be a reminder for me to stay on top of my work. The other thing is, this job is super confidential…so I can’t share anything else with you.
It is also crazy because right now I am in the midst of working on summer internship applications. I can’t wrap my head around this because I just arrived here…how am I supposed to be planning for my summer?!?!? There are a few opportunities on campus, and I am crossing my fingers that one of them falls into place. I interviewed today for a position with the Office of Student Engagement. This role would allow me to interact with USC students and perfect my programming/event planning skills. The other internship is in the Office of Parent Programming, I need to get working on this one because it is due on Friday! Keep your fingers crossed that one of these opportunities works out!
DUN-NUH—DUN-NUH…okay so I am not too sure on how the Jaws theme equates to blogging, but that was my attempt. The deadline for my grad school paper is quickly approaching. Luckily it is not too difficult of a topic; I need to write about the experiences which shaped my college life. I have all of my ideas outlined, but I don’t feel like I am actually getting anywhere on the paper…ughhhh…I need to get back into the groove of paper writing. Hopefully I will be in the groove by Wednesday night, since the paper is due on Thursday!

3 comments:

  1. I know that your paper has already been turned in, but for future reference, when you need help on a paper, use the "Bubble" method on your lay out!! Sarah just brought home a paper from KINDERGARTEN with this on it! Crazy.
    Anyhow, I know you did great on your paper.
    Hugs,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you tell me about the job on the phone tonight? I'm sorry, I was so out of it. If I didn't tell you congratulations then, I am telling you now. Congrats!
    Miss you!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU DIDNT TELL ME ABO?UT THE JOB!!! AHHHH!! YAYY!

    ReplyDelete