Tuesday, February 1, 2011

January Goal Progress

Well it is hard to believe that I am one month into my 2011 goals. I am happy to say that I have made progress and am taking "baby steps" so come December I can be in a better place.

So here is how it is all going...
1. Focus more on my health and getting back in shape
I would probably say that this is the largest success this month. I am pleased to announce in the last two and a half weeks I have lost 7.6 pounds on Weight Watchers. I am making progress by eating healthy, but in the coming weeks I need to start integrating a workout schedule.

2. Take more pictures and put them in picture frames around my apartment
This is where I have been lacking, I forgot my camera when I went to Raleigh for a friends Bridal Shower, but this weekend when I head to a conference in Atlanta I plan to carry it along!

3. Find a job that I love
No job yet, but I am searching, searching, searching. I applied for two jobs this month but haven't heard anything. Fingers crossed!

4. Tackle the organization projects that have been sitting around since I moved from Memphis
No big movements forward on this..any ideas on how to motivate and tackle these piles?

5. Be happier and try to find the humor in every situation
This was a hard month to find happiness after grandma passed away. However, this week I really feel good and I am trying to focus on happiness and positivity, a coworker even commented on my positivity this afternoon.

6. Be more financially conscious
I am trying to think about being careful when it comes to purchases, and I even stopped myself from making an impromptu purse purchase this past weekend.

7. Take at least two trips to reunite with friends
Not sure if it counts, I went to Raleigh for a friends bridal shower and was able to visit with her and some other sorority sisters and NC State alums that I hadn't seen in a while. It felt great to reconnect.

8. Read at least 30 books
I only made it through one book this month. The book is called Sunday's Child.

I love reading about North Carolina, usually in Nicholas Sparks books, so my mother recommended this book. It is an interesting story and easy read which was a plus. There are some historic elements tied in with WWII and communities on the Outer Banks which lead to some interesting conversations with my mother after I finished the book. I recommend it if you are from North Carolina, because it is always fun to know where the characters live and you can picture the them in the locations.

9. Try at least one new restaurant a month
This month I ate at The Twisted Fork in Raleigh, NC. I had a fabulous seafood pasta for dinner and chocolate chip cake for dessert. The food was delicious, they bake all of their desserts on-site so they are super fresh. The best part about this was that for dinner I was able to get a half serving of the pasta dishes, this was just enough to save room for dessert. They also have a really fun atmosphere, think modern sports bar.

10. Blog at least once a week
I have done pretty well I think, I am trying to stay on top of blogging and share my life happenings. If you ever have any questions please post them so I have some blogger inspiration.

How are your 2011 resolutions going?

No comments:

Post a Comment