1. Focus more on my health and getting back in shape
Well…I haven’t hit my 15 lb mark which is what I was hoping for this month, but I am around 12.8 lbs which I am happy about. I really haven’t focused much on the whole workout routine, but perhaps April will bring growth?
I am attempting to cook a little more, which is helpful. But to be honest my lifesaver has been the new steamer bags from Lean Cuisine. YUM! They make lunch quick and easy and have helped save money instead of going and grabbing lunch every day.
2. Take more pictures and put them in picture frames around my apartment
Does it count if frames have been updated just not from my picture?!?! I did make sure to bring my camera with me to my cousin’s Bridal Shower last weekend (will post more later) and I managed some good pictures!
3. Find a job that I love
Work in progress…I definitely think I found some job descriptions I love, but no interviews or offers yet. Fingers crossed that April will be a productive month for this. I would rather be selective and find a job I really love then settle for something . If I need to I am more than happy to wait tables or go back into retail until I find that job.
4. Tackle the organization projects that have been sitting around since I moved from Memphis
After a productive February in this front, I put organization on the back burner this month.
5. Be happier and try to find the humor in every situation
I have tried to make sure happiness and positivity my mantras, especially when I get stressed out. Why is it so easy to word vomit when you are annoyed…I need to work on that.
On the happiness front, I am feeling great this month. I am realizing what a difference it makes surrounding yourself with people you want to be around.
6. Be more financially conscious
I am actually a little nervous about it this. I did some “thinking” while at home and I am not sure what will come into play at the end of the school year. I am positive something will end up working out, but at the same time I am really nervous.
7. Take at least two trips to reunite with friends
I did back to New Jersey and have “family time.” I was able to enjoy the weekend with my cousins which was fabulous.
I even meet one of my dear friend’s new puppy! Isn’t Peanut just so gosh darn cute?!?!
8. Read at least 30 books
Well needless to say this was definitely a reading month for me. It probably helps that I had Spring Break so my R&R lead to a lot of reading. This month I read five books—that means 22 to go!





9. Try at least one new restaurant a month
Avenue in Long Branch, NJ is where we went for my cousin’s Bachelorette dinner.
It was delicious, fresh pasta with grab meat and a delicious peach champagne drink. Everyone had mouth watering main courses and desserts. It was a great atmosphere with lots of windows looking out onto the water.
10. Blog at least once a week
I hit almost every week, but would like to do it a little more frequently. I am thinking that I might try a 30 day challenge.
Things are moving along pretty well and I am thrilled at the progress that has been made this year! I can only image what awaits me on the rest of this journey.
No comments:
Post a Comment