Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Week 1 of Grad School

Oh my! I can't believe a week has flown by already. Sorry for my delay in blogging, with classes the days have just been flying by.

Life as a graduate student is going well. I forgot how enjoyable the classroom environment can be. My professors are all amazing and really attempting to make my transition into graduate school an easy one. The same goes with my classmates. Everyone has given me tips on everything from classes/professors to what the good restaurants are in Columbia. One thing I was not ready for was the amount of reading I would have to tackle. There are lots of journal readings and chapter readings to accomplish before classes next week; hopefully, the adjustment to reading will come soon.

In other news...half marathon training is going well. Maura and I are ready to take on Disney in March! It has been an amazing experience training....I am not going to say I love running but I do have to say I feel very accomplished after completing my run for the day. I am also excited to say that my move to Columbia has lead to more visitors! For my birthday Heather came down from Raleigh to celebrate and we met up with some other Chi Omega Sisters for a night out on the town. Then last weekend my parents came into town. We spent some time in Charlotte with Maura and David, and then we drove down to Columbia so I could show them campus and my new home. Because of their visit my apartment finally looks like someone lives in it- Dad did some picture hanging for me and it made all the difference. This weekend Julia is heading down from Baltimore to visit so we can celebrate our birthdays! Her 25th is on Friday and it will be the first time we have been able to celebrate birthdays together since high school so I am really looking forward to our time together.

That is life in a nutshell right now...I am going to try my hardest to keep the blog updated, but school work needs to take priority :)

1 comment: