Saturday, May 15, 2010

Has it Really Been Three Years?



It is hard to believe that three years ago I had just become a college graduate! All of the important people in my life were there...some of them even made the truck from New Jersey to watch me receive my degree. And no surprise, before and after the ceremony we had a big photo shoot, Maura, Aunt Sandy, and mom armed with their cameras. I may not remember what the graduation speaker said, or who I was sitting next to, but I do remember being surrounded by family and friends. I remember being nervous that I was going to trip on stage and I remember seeking out fellow classmates in order to get that final picture together. I also remember feeling so accomplished, I was no longer the same person I had been when I moved into Turlington Hall that hot August morning. I was leaving behind a great place...but who knows maybe my future will bring me right back to that amazing campus.

Even crazier, this time three years ago I was out celebrating my job offer. I had just received the phone call from Kimberly and Laura Lee offering me the Program Coordinator job at Chi Omega. I was actually on my way to another job interview at the time, I had just stopped for lunch and prepare for the interview when I saw a (901) phone number appear on my phone. After they offered me the job I remember just saying, "Yes, of course!" They told me I could have a few days to think it over and talk about it with my parents, I took this into consideration and told them that I was 98% sure but that I would talk with my mom and dad before I fully accepted. However, I knew after that phone call I would be moving to Memphis! And that is when my "grow-up" life began!

Today I want to send a shout out to all my Wolfpack friends...CONGRATS NCSU Class of 2010! I wish you all the best and hope you remember your "grown-up" transition just as fondly as I do!

1 comment: