Sunday, May 9, 2010

Great Things in Store for Next Year...

Well next year will be an exciting year! Year two of graduate school has a lot in store. First, I have a Graduate Assistantship! I will be working in The Student Success Center in Tutor Programs. I am really excited, at first I was a little unsure about the academic side of Student Affairs, but I am eager to gain experience and a new student affairs perspective. There are four other Graduate Assistants in the office, which will be really fun because we all share one office. I think this is going to be a great way to get to know more of my cohort.

Other than that, next year I will have the opportunity to co-teach U101. This is a course freshmen USC students can enroll in during their first year. It will help them get acclimated with the university and the transition from high school to college. I will be co-teaching a class of Hotel, Retail and Sport Management freshman, which will be interesting since that was my minor. A large portion of my role will be relationship building with the students and their peers. This will be a great opportunity to balance my love of programming in the classroom setting.

Next year, I also will be taking on a leadership role on campus as the Vice President for the Graduate Student Association. I will serve on various university committees and cultivate inter-program graduate student networking. Being new to USC, I am hoping this isn't too much of a challenge but I am positive that this will be a growing experience.

I wouldn't have come to this amazing place of opportunities without all of you! Thank you for all of your support and guidance! Even if we don't talk as regularly as I wish we did, know that I think of you often!

No comments:

Post a Comment