While working for Chi Omega, I was able to travel a pretty good amount and I loved it! There is nothing better than a little quality time in the airport. I could easily navigate the Memphis Airport, and tell you what terminal you need to go in to get some delicious Memphis BBQ or where to get a morning Bagel and coffee. I will admit it, I am a people watcher so I loved scoping out the people who were going to be on my flight and figuring out why they were traveling. Sometimes I probably came up with some interesting scenarios, but I will keep those to myself. Maybe I became so invigorated being in airports because I knew that meant my travels were beginning and I was jet setting off to California, Florida, Nebraska or Washington DC, but needless to say I miss it.
Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of things about being in airports that I don't miss. Like trying to run from one side to the other to catch your connector flight. And don't forget all of the delays that occur in the Atlanta Airport. Or the sometimes overpriced coffee drinks or lunches/dinners I bought. But that doesn't win over all of the things I love!
Now I know that this might seem like an odd blog, but I am just that excited to fly this weekend. That means some quality airport time, and I do love the sweet rockers in Charlotte's airport. I already have my reading material picked out, and my sweet rolling carry-on is pulled out of my storage closet! Airports here I come!
No comments:
Post a Comment