So far, over break I have made it through three books just for fun. Don't worry there are a few more out there for professional/personal development, I just have been taking my time to get to them.
First I read Lauren Conrad's Sweet Little Lies: An LA Candy story.

It was a good book, better written than her first LA Candy story. I get connected quickly to characters and this book was no different, and it really connected back to the whole reality TV trend that Conrad knows all about. I spent a large part of the book trying to figure out if anyone was connected to The Hills cast. I would definitely recommend this as a beach read.
Continuing on the reality TV kick, I read Kardashian Konfidential.
I love their show and became addicted to the various other E! TV shows which have stemmed from it. The book was well written, I enjoyed seeing all of the pictures of them growing up and it made them feel like they were real people not just celebrities. Even though they show some family tension through the show, they seem to realize that is just for the cameras and in reality family is really important to them. If you like to watch the show then I recommend you read it because you will love them even more, if you don't like them then read it because it just might surprise you!
The book I finished today was Nicholas Sparks Th Lucky One.

The love story sucks me in, but I also get hooked because I really enjoy reading about places I know in North Carolina, especially when it includes NC State and Raleigh (even if just for a page or two). If you are a Nicholas Sparks fan, read this one, it is an easy read and only took me a few days to finish.
Hope these ideas give you a start to your winter reading. Nothing beats cuddling up on the couch with hot chocolate and a good book. If only I had a fireplace in my apartment, then it would be a perfect winter scene.
No comments:
Post a Comment