Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Dream Crusher

So anyone who knows me knows that I have never met a stranger. I could probably talk to a brick wall and be content. I decided to reward myself for getting through my first half marathon with a pedicure. I know it is a month late, but I kept putting it off. On Sunday I went and got my pedicure and met the dream crusher.

The woman who I was sitting next to had recently completed a marathon and it was her reward to get a pedicure as well. I was very happy to have a common life experience to bond over. I figured we could be pedicure chat buddies. So we started to talk about her race and then I told her I had just completed my first half in March. She asked my time and I tolder her 2 hours 52 minutes. Most people then say congrats or that is so exciting. She looked at me and said, "Well at least you finished. That is a really slow time. Did you even train?" I was so mad. I couldn't believe she had just said that.

Our conversation then switched to why I lived in Columbia. I said I was going back to school for my MEd. focusing in higher education. She then shook her head and siad, "You want to go into schools, I am a teacher and I don't know if you can handle it." I then preceeded to tell her I wanted to be with college age students, not elemaentary school students and that I didn't want to teach. Instead I wanted to work on the programming side, she looked and me and said "Oh, you are one of those." I have no idea what the means...but my blood was boiling.

I stopped communication, and turned to a wonderful People magazine.

Moral of the story...don't be a dream crusher....because you will be remembered...and the person will not remember you fondly!

3 comments:

  1. What a jerk!!! Diana, do not listen to the dream crusher. You are one of my favorite people and are a hero in my eyes! Ugh. I want to punch her in the face!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boo, what an awful person!! You are nicer than I am though, I would have asked her what the heck crawled up her butt.
    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That lady was obviously unhappy with her own life so she needed to hate on someone else. I am thankful I get to work with such a wonderfully positive and nice person like you this summer : )

    ReplyDelete