On Saturday, Maura came down from Charlotte for the day and we had a fabulous visit. We started out with lunch at Which Wich, it just so happens to be one of my favorite places to eat in Columbia. I talk about it with my sister all the time so she was all about having lunch there. Mainly, you get to create your sandwich and fill it out on this brown paper bag and they make it to order. It was nice enough to eat outside so we got a table and caught up over lunch and mapped out our shopping plans for the day. I did some damage at Old Navy because I had a 20% off my total purchase, so I took advantage and got some summer clothes. Then we did a little more exploring and were on a mission for CROCs. Maura really wanted a "dressy" pair of them. We found them and as soon as I tried them on I knew I needed to purchase them. They are so comfortable and I was able to wear them around campus today and have them not get uncomfortable.
After our shopping trip, we had the most fabulous dinner. We ate at Gervais and Vine which is a tappas and wine bar in Columbia. We had some hot cheese dips (and yes, I did eat some of them), mussels, truffle fingerling potatoes and a spicy shrimp dish. We had some tasty wines as well. The best part of dinner was just catching up. Maura and I talked about a ton of random stuff and just were able to enjoy each others company. We were going to head out for drinks after dinner, but we ended up crashing at about 11.
After breakfast at Panera, Maura headed home and I spent Sunday relaxing and preparing for my last week of graduate school.
I am so glad that I am close enough that we can have impromptu trips and get to see each other more!
im sorry i know this is a long time ago but you ate cheese dips at gervais and vine??!!! i think you avoided them like the plague when i was with you...hmmmmm....
ReplyDelete