So I know it is a day late, but I wanted to wish Chi Omega a happy 115th!
I was able to celebrate Chi Omega with a Sister who is in the program with me here at USC. She went to FSU and has been an amazing support for me here. We had delicious organic pizza and Marble Slab for dessert (at least we were healthy with a dinner option).
When I got home, I started to think about how weird it is that one decision when I was a freshman in college shaped the rest of my life. I certainly wouldn't be back in grad school wanting to work for a college or university, because that aspiration didn't come until I started working for Chi Omega. And if I hadn't started working for Chi Omega, I never would have called Memphis home and met so many amazing people. Also, my time in Memphis made me more independent and confirmed that I could take care of myself with a little support from others. Also, it is scary to think what my college memories would be...where would I have lived, would I have met my best friends in some other way, would I have stayed at NC State or transferred to be closer to family? There are so many questions I could ask...but in the end I just have to be grateful for that decision to go Chi O!
Thank you Chi Omega...for the friends who became my family and for the many memories to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment