Yes, I will admit it. I am a Twilight loving Harry Potter fan. At first I heard you couldn't be both but I beg to differ. This week has been an exciting week for a Twilight/Harry Potter fan, it was the opening of Eclipse and the official preview for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows came out!
First let's start with Eclipse. I went up to Charlotte last night to see it with my sister. Don't get me wrong it was great to go see it with her, but at the same time it was so strange not to be seeing it with my Memphis friends who I saw the first two with. I hope they know I was thinking about them the whole time and can't wait to have a phone discussion analyzing and gushing over the movie.
In true Diana fashion, I reminded many pre-teens and adults where the line started...no arguments this year though:). Overall movie review, I really enjoyed it! It stuck close with the book and kept some of the back story I thought they were going to skim over. I think my favorite part of the movie was learning about Jasper's change...hello he was a Southern General (or something like that) during the Civil War! I would rank this as my favorite of the three movies and I know I will probably be seeing it again before it leaves theaters.
I was very unhappy that the previews for Eclipse did not include Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I was really looking forward to seeing it on the big screen! Here is the link if you haven't seen the trailer yet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EC2tmFVNNE
This trailer is so bitter sweet, I can't wait to see the movie but I can't believe that the series has ended. There are a few things I dislike and I am unsure of in the preview. At no point in the book does Voldemort touch Harry's face and ask why he is still alive. Also, their fight scene looks a little too much like the fight scene in the graveyard during The Goblet of Fire. The dragon looks great and the way it breaks through Gringotts is just how I pictured it.
For my Harry Potter fans I do have a few questions on the trailer:
1) Where is Hermione walking to by herself?
2) Who is stopping the Hogwarts Express and why?
3) Where do you think they will split the films?
Now it is time to get prepared for a 4th of July visit from Heather! I can't wait to spend the weekend with her and Bo, I hope that the weather cooperates and we can have a little pool and grill out time!
the HP preview was in my screening of Eclipse! I've never seen any HP movies or read any of the books but it looked fantastic up on the huge North Hills cinema screen
ReplyDeletemiss you! love your blog updates
<3 M
It was in my previews too!! Guess you should have come and seen the movie with us in Memphis!
ReplyDelete