Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Cabin Fever

On Sunday, I stayed home and tried to get myself together for the first day of class. I knew that the weather potentially might get bad, but I also knew the Weather Man isn't always correct. However, late on Sunday night they announced that campus would be closed due to weather. They were being proactive, but it was slightly funny because no flakes had fallen yet.

On Monday, I woke up to a winter wonderland, everything was covered outside and it looked beautiful. I didn't try to venture out, I went outside briefly and it was just too cold. I relaxed, tried to knock off some of my to do list. I even made some cinnamon bread for myself! Lo and behold, they announced that campus was closed for Tuesday.

I know as a little kid I loved snow days and I was able to enjoy them over these last two days. But I needed to get out of the house today. I wanted to go ahead and get my car inspected and get an oil change. So I took a trip to on of the oil change places near my house and ended up spending my afternoon waiting for my car. I was surprised, even though no one was there it took nearly three hours for my car to be ready. I was just glad I brought a book to read. Although it took a lot of time I felt productive because I had crossed something off my to do list.

On my way back home, I stopped to grab something for dinner. One of the women said that they already closed the public schools for Wednesday. I see why, the roads are pretty icy and driving on ice is not the easiest. I was really nervous driving home this afternoon because the roads around my apartment were covered in slush and puddles. You know what that means-- more icy roads in the morning.

I am interested to see what the roads will look like tomorrow...and if I will need to head to campus.

Hope you all have been able to enjoy your snow days!

No comments:

Post a Comment