Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I am Blessed...



I am blessed with an amazing and supportive family. I know that without them I wouldn't be where I am today.

That is why yesterday was such a hard day for me, I received a phone call from my mother that my grandmother had passed away that morning. She had been sick, and I was lucky enough to get to see her after the holidays, and in a way was able to say goodbye. Even with all of this, it was a bit of a shock.

Grandma will always have a special place in my heart, and when I think of her these will forever be the memories I cherish:
~The lamb butter and lamb cake she use to make for Easter.
~Her always have a cup of tea by her side.
~Her yelling at us when we were swimming, "Don't go underwater you're gonna get an ear infection."
~Swimming with her in the saltwater pool on the QE2.
~Her crazy stories about England during WWII.
~Our hotel room just outside of London which shook when the train went by. Now that I think of it, it is probably similar to the Leaky Cauldron in Harry Potter.
~Sunday dinners at her house and her always making me a side-dish of mushrooms because she knew those were my favorite vegetables.
~Watching Days of Our Lives together.

There are so many more, and I am lucky that I have all of these to make me smile when I think of her. She had an amazing 90 years full of laughter, stories, vacations and many more experiences. I know she is looking down on me and will always be guiding me in the right direction.

I also want to give a shout out to my friends--Thank you, your support has been more than I can ask for.

1 comment: